Search This Blog


Monday, November 1, 2010

Voting on the Road


Yep, tomorrow is the mid term election.  There's been alot of brouhaha from all sides assailing our lives.  I will be glad to see Wednesday, hopefully everything will be decided.

I want to throw out the question:  When you travel full time, how do you vote?  Do you return to your home state to cast your ballot?  Do you get an absentee ballot and vote by mail?  Do you  just blow it off ?

I'm curious, can you get an absentee ballot via your re-mailing service to your location?  Being in the military, I vote by absentee ballot, we live in VA, but it's not my home state, although it is (now) Marti's. 
This year, I received a military absentee ballot, bright red letters announced it so.  I filled it out and sent it in.  About two weeks later, I received a civilian absentee ballot, bright blue letters announced it so.  Hmm. 

Before you ask, no I did not vote twice.  Two votes per person only count in Chicago, and if you're already dead, it's even better. ;c)

Anyway, get out there and vote, then get back to traveling the beautiful highways and byways of this great country of ours.




1 comment:

  1. I'm ashamed to say that I don't register to vote. Since I don't really live in the state I'm a resident of, I don't know anything about the local elections. The only time I regret it is in a presidential election year.

    ReplyDelete