Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We're Heading in the Right Direction

A follow up to my compass post.  First of all, thanks for the comments and email suggestions on what compass to buy (or steal off a Coast Guard boat - not too crazy about that idea, I do want to enjoy my retirement). 

A few suggestions were to use a GPS.  My GPS doesn't give me accurate compass headings, all it does, in a woman's voice, is hen-peck me to make the next legal U-turn.  My GPS usually is muted, I have enough people in my life telling me where to go...  ;c)

I did some research on suggestions and I'm going to gamble on this compass.  For $22 it is worth a gamble, it is adjustable so I can "Swing" it to track accurately.


I ordered it and it should be here in about a week.  I'll have to road test it and report back.  In the mean time, if you see a Winnebago Journey driving around in circles, you might deduce the compass isn't working out too well...

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see what you think about this compass. Perhaps you could post some instructions about the swing for some of us that are not Coast Guard people?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Judy.

    You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and shake it all about...

    Soryy, I couldn't resist. If you click on the link and open the compass page, there is another link for instruction on how to swing or calibrate the compass.

    It looks simple enough for even me to do it! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. round and round you go..where you stop nobody knows!!..enjoy the new compass..$22 is a great deal!
    Our GPs..is called Lola..I know real original..she has been told to 'keep quiet' a few times!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it you report that it suits you then it's good enough for me. Waiting to find out.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Paul and Marti,
    I've missed you! I'm just being able to get into some type of blog reading routine after our move to Manzanita Park. You are getting close! I hope the compass serves you well!

    ReplyDelete